Meet the TRICKED Authors: Hannah Joseph

Tricked:
An Anthology of Short Fiction
Hi there! I'm back to continue our series of interviews featuring fun, trickster-themed questions and answers with each of the TRICKED anthology authors. If you haven't grabbed a copy yet, check out this collection of stories filled with tricksters, scoundrels, plot twists, and conspiracies!

Today I have Hannah Joseph, who also writes as Stephanie Eding and who loves writing about both pirates and fried food. In Hannah's story, "High Interest Levels," Lennox Hatfield is tired of living under his rich dad’s suffocating reign, so he devises a revenge plan to run off with the family’s bank fortune.

Let's get to know Hannah a little better!


Without giving anything important away, who is your trickster in "High Interest Levels," and what inspired you to write their story?
My main trickster here is Lennox Hatfield, accounts manager. Lennox works at a bank owned by his demanding and unsupportive father, and, quite frankly, he’s had enough of that garbage. Ready to be done getting squished by his dad, Lennox concocts a grand scheme to rob the bank and start life over again. I had way too much fun diving into my darker side and writing from Lennox’s point of view. We’ve all had those jobs we’ve hated or people that suffocated us in the workplace. Lennox just took things to the next level here. 

Who is your favorite trickster from literature, movies, TV, folklore, etc.?
This is tough!! I love Jack Sparrow, but who doesn’t? I will take any con artist story with amazing team skills like the Four Horsemen in Now You See Me. But I’ve gotta give mad love to my book boyfriends like Cole Stockton from Everneath and Morpheus from the Splintered series. I’d fall for their tricks every time. ;)

If we were all characters in a heist story, what skill would you bring to our team?
I’m terrible at math, so nobody better have me crunching numbers. I do, however, have a stellar “poker face”! I will happily provide distractions or go undercover to get information. 

Everyone knows how much I love animals, so . . . If you had an animal mascot for your writing, what kind of animal would it be?
If I could have anything at all, it would be a panther! My best writing buddy has been my pretty black cat Izzy. A panther would be like a GIANT Izzy! Though, if I had a tame panther draped across my lap, I’m not sure I’d get a whole lot of writing done so much as epic cuddle time. 

What project are you working on now?
Currently, I’m polishing up a women’s fiction about a pregnant divorcee who meets up with two old friends from high school. The trio devises a plan to move in together and turn their lives around by the time they turn 31. Chaos ensues. 

* * *

Thanks, Hannah! I am super envious of your poker face, definitely handy, and I completely agree with you on the lap panther!

....

I'll be back later this week with another author interview!


Hannah Joseph lives in Farmville with her husband, two kids, and seven cats. She loves rainy days, hot coffee, and long naps. When she’s pretending to be Stephanie Eding, she writes about pirates and angsty thirty-year-olds. You can find her at:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/saeding/
Webpage: http://www.stephanieeding.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/saeding
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BFQJG9L/

Comments